Friday, February 25, 2011

Music Video


  The group who recorded this song is called "Bloc Party". They are an indie group from the UK and also one of my personal favorites.

   The song is in the "techo/pop" genre and the video is very sereotypical to this style of music for so many reasons.  That fact that giant monters are fighting in a city just screams tecno music.  Giant robots falling in love in the middle of this crazy battle of  crappy special effects and dinky cars makes this video perfect for the song and that much more enjoyable to watch.

  The video is obviously not even close to what reality is, but it shows everything in a very large and extreme scale for a reason. There is a love intrest in the video but the ways it is interperated is thats love is always set in a large scale and thing are over exaggerated and thats what the video is saying - that things may see like an overwelming battle (with giant monters :D) but it's not as bad as it seems.


  I think that this music video appeals to teens, but only a certain group of teens. I find that I don't watch this video to hear the music- I'm gonna watch it to see giant monsters and robots fight in a little city!

  This video makes me happy because when I think about it, it comes across as an independent video with all of its cheesie moments and effects. But it's not just that, it's that this video would still be fun to watch if it stood alone with out the music. I feel like this is a video that any one can watch and enjoy no matter how old.

No comments:

Post a Comment