Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mini Review #3. This is my blog post about..... This is my blog post about.... Momento! I found my picture. ;D

"Memento" a story in reverse. Please pull out your polaroid cameras and make a note that there is an option on the DVD that allows you to watch this film in the correct (chronological) order. This option is for the simple minded people that don't respect the fact that Chris Nolan might be dyslexic.  :D    Yes Chris Nolan is the master mind behind this great film (surprise, surprise...) and he portrays the story very well. In fact I was very impressed with the style of filming, although I doubted I would be. As a viewer found it new and interesting the way the shots were shown in reverse. The main character of the story, Leonard has short term memory loss and is trying to solve the murder of his former wife. As you could probably imagine, this would be a hard task to preform when you can't even remember what the hell you had for breakfast. Along with the memory issues Leonard has people after him and people using him. (Can't this guy catch a break?) In order for Leonard to remember the important things, he takes pictures and writes notes for himself (this includes writing notes one his body). His objective it to find "John G", his wife's killer, but he's in for a big surprise when he gets to the bottom of the cereal box. Many Times I found myself wondering what was going to happen next, when in fact I already knew.  Memento grabbed my attention right away with it's strange lighting, dark story, sense of mystery and it's new way of telling a story.  9 out of 10!



The main character reminds me of Dory.  Except Dory is more bad ass

No comments:

Post a Comment